Dmitry Bekinin September 08, 2011 • Internet Explorer Toolbar
This article applies to Ant.com Video Downloader for Internet Explorer version 18.104.22.168 or earlier versions
While attempting to update or uninstall Ant.com Video downloader toolbar version 22.214.171.124 or lower, a message box with the following error appears: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support or package vendor.
This problem may occur for a number of reasons, one of them is because the registry information of one of the binary components of the toolbar was deleted or corrupted.
In order to fix this issue one can use Program Install and Uninstall throubleshooter provided by Microsoft support services:
1. Open the following web page of Microsoft support: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall
2. Click on Run now button
3. You will be prompted to download an application. Download it to a suitable location and launch it
4. Click Accept button to start fixing the problem
5. Click on Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply
6. Click on Uninstalling
7. In the next screen, select Ant.com IE add-on
8. Click on Yes, try uninstall
9. In the next screen, click Next to proceed
10. After the troubleshooter fixes the problem, you can close the window.
Ant.com Support August 11, 2011 • How To
You can download a video from web pages which contain video. So, firstly, please, check if you are on a web-page which contains a video and this video is playing in your browser.
If a video is detected and ready to be downloaded you will see the 'Download' button active and notice box popping out to let you know that video is ready to be downloaded.
If the button is not activated you might have to click the Play button in the video in your browser first, so it starts to play.
If it still doesn't work, try closing the page, open it again, play the video, then click the Download button from our Video Downloader.